License System Upgrade Information
Modified Deer Harvest Reporting In Effect October 14-16
Licenses and Permits, Hunter Ed Registration, Unavailable During This Period
October 4, 2019
The Division's complete upgrade of its license system will occur October 14-16, requiring the system to go off-line temporarily. As such, the license sales site and Automated Harvest Report System (AHRS) will be unavailable beginning 9:00 p.m. on October 14, 2019 through October 16, 2019. The 855-I-HUNT-NJ (855-448-6865) harvest reporting phone number will also be unavailable during this timeframe. Registration for hunter education field sessions/exams will also be unavailable.
To report a deer harvest during this time period and receive a TEMPORARY Confirmation Number please call one of the following phone lines between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Do not leave a voicemail message as you must speak directly to a staff member to receive a Confirmation Number. Please try the call again until you speak to someone.)
Hunters reporting a deer need their CID# and location of harvest information (Deer Management Zone, county, township, and Deer Management Unit) ready when calling. Hunters can find location information using the Deer Hunting Location Viewer prior to calling. Hunters will also be asked for their current e-mail address or phone number, so a PERMANENT Confirmation Number can be provided when the upgrade is complete.
- Northern Region Office: 908-735-6826 or 908-735-2006
- Central Region Office: 609-259-7954 or 609-259-6965
- Southern Region Office: 856-629-0552 or 856-629-1014
- Nacote Creek Office: 609-748-2043 or 609-748-2065
- Trenton Office (7:00 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. only): 609-984-0839 or 609-777-4245
If a hunter has a late recovery and cannot report the deer by 8:00 p.m. they MUST call the nearest DFW Law Enforcement Office and leave a message with their name and CID number. Hunters must then call one of the above numbers the next day to report the deer and obtain a Confirmation Number before continuing to hunt.
Should the system be online earlier notification will be sent to subscribers of the Hunting E-mail List.
- Northern Region Law Enforcement Office (Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren counties): 908-735-8240
- Central Region Law Enforcement Office (Burlington, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean counties): 609-259-2120
- Southern Region Law Enforcement Office (Atlantic, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties): 856-629-0555